Monday 9 September 2013

Vineet Bhatia's wasabi icecream.

I've made this dish several times now.  It's utterly addictive.  It's from my Rasoi cookbook by the phenomenal Vineet Bhatia.

I've made it with lamb as per the book, I've made it with salt crust beef (divine) and most recently I applied the same spice ingredients but took it in a different direction with raw tuna.

The result was as beautiful as ever.  The flavors were clear and precise.  The combination of wasabi icecream, the subtle spice of fennel and coriander, the chili and ginger, the couscous with a beautiful balance of sour and sweet.  The whole thing is an utter delight.  I popped barberries in replacing raisins most recently and this was spot on.  Visually and on the palate barberries belong here (lucky for me I can pick them up in their dried form easily here as they are not so common in other parts of the world).

Thank you Mr Bhatia for yet another sensational dish.

Tuna, wasabi icecream, spiced couscous Rasoi style.

No comments:

Post a Comment