Sunday 29 September 2013

Venison fillet with morels....

And the venison story continues.  I marinated this beautiful fillet overnight in (god help me) truffle oil - it works here trust me, and walnut oil.

Wrapped it in cling film, tied off the ends.  I sous vide cooked this little fillet.  It's against the grain for me.  I am left underwhelmed with sous vide cooking as most beautiful prime proteins are overcooked at a low temp leaving them rare looking but well done in taste and texture.  But just 3 minutes 30 secs (from room temp, then left to rest still wrapped)..

With a duck stock consume, morel mushrooms, leeks cooked through,  crisped cooked Extremadura Iberico Bellota ham ( its the best in the world and I would never suggest cooking this beautiful ingredient but here and now it was just the ticket)  and crisp cooked oyster mushrooms for texture contrast

Venison fillet with morels, leak, consume, caramilsed garlic and Iberico Bellota
.

Utter heaven.  Really.  HEAVEN.


No comments:

Post a Comment