Sunday 29 September 2013

Venison in Dubai

We have lived here 5 years to the day yesterday.  I love venison and even got in touch with the NZ venison (Cervina as is the promoted name in NZ) group.  They said no, we do not have the demand or the facility to export halal venison to Dubai.  So I have, as always, ordered everywhere it is on the menu and the Pamplona  restaurant Enekorri  outshone my previous experiences (which to date the best had been at Cibo in Auckland, my home town and a local restaurant if I am resident there)

OK so I spied venison in Dubai the other day and did entree and main.  I'm talking 130 Dirhams for a 350 gm fillet.  We don't pay that for protein in Dubai and I couldn't stuff it up!  Oh gosh.  I do not float my boat, I'm simply not that sort of person but these two dishes were truly extraordinary.....

Two posts to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment