Monday 11 December 2017

Kaiserschmarrn

Kaiserschmarrn are Austrian pancakes.  They are cooked twice.  They're made fluffy, so they are essentially big yummy American style stodgy pancakes (not the delicate French style crepes) cooked, cut or broken then cooked again in a little butter and powdered sugar to crisp this whole delightful plate of sugary floury buttery deliciousness.

Served with berry compote and berry ice-cream or vanilla cream or both.

We first had Kaiserschmarrn  in Austria for a ski lunch.  I mean WTF? Does a ski lunch get any better than a big plate of sweet stodge? No!!!!! IT DOES NOT and if you think otherwise I feel your life is rather sad.  Unless of course you are Celiac or otherwise allergic.  Although I'm sure there are ways with different flours etc.  I think I'd find a way if I was dealt this card.

Very very very VERY VERY VERY delicious.  Worth running for.  Our Sunday morning ritual. We do this (Andy makes them, this is his specialty) and hence me heading off on that Sunday afternoon run with the wild pigs when the morning was too snowy and icy!




No comments:

Post a Comment