Tuesday 17 January 2017

Travedona Monate

Situated in the little village of Travedona Monate sits Villa Carlotta.  Above a small lake.  In the lake district.  These photos do not do this gorgeous little bnb the slightest bit justice at all.  It was exquisite in every single detail.  Everything was utter perfection.  The rooms (Katya's was downstairs from ours but there are only 3,  in a rather large village house) were kitted out with every possible thought imaginable.  Inexplicably and utterly extraordinary.  

Breakfast the next morning was abundant perfection.  If only I could enjoy it.  I managed to trip on a step in our bathroom at 0715am going to the loo, to fall flat on my face (i.e. nose, lips teeth) on the granite tiles.  It was one of the worst falls I've had and I've had a few bad ones.  Ouch.  Thankfully no hospitalisation required but it threw me for quite some time that day, night the next day, night.  But it didn't dent our previous night and the extraordinary experience of being in such a perfect bed and breakfast.  

We ate down the road in a trattoria.  A very good one at that.  For me, one of the best bed and breakfasts regarding detail I've stayed in.  







Breakfast for 3 !! And this is only the half of it. I kid you not.



Two notes - one, I can't do selfies thank god because I hate the terminology and two I do not suit botox as this is me smiling after my fall with all the grin I can muster (and with makeup on).

No comments:

Post a Comment