Sunday 21 May 2017

Sea bream with open lasagne and fish reduction sauce

 I took the recipe from my Jun Tanaka cookbook.  He's one of those chefs whose recipes are full of flavour and using classic French techniques he really brings out the best in whatever he cooks it would appear to me.  I've done several of his recipes now and they are all flavour driven and absolutely scrum.

This recipe was actually for mussels and clams instead of fish but I had fresh sea bream and used the same techniques, making the stock with the fish bones instead of shellfish liquor.  Topped with crispy leaks, the fish grilled with crispy skin.  Texturally perfect, flavour perfect (I added some pernod  and butter instead of cream at the end but otherwise stuck with the recipe, reducing to a gorgeous sauce).

It's always a pain making pasta with seafood.  There's so much last minute-ness about it all.  Definitely not something I'd do for a dinner party and something we do together because it's easy and fun with 2 people, a pain with one person.

Yum.  I would have paid a big sum of money to eat this in a restaurant.  For me, food perfection.  Yum.  Did I say yum?  YUM!!




No comments:

Post a Comment