Saturday 19 October 2013

Salmon with tomato and olive salad, quails egg, broad beans, croutons


I was lucky enough to find a beautiful selection of cherry tomatoes and to do them justice peeled these gorgeous little things which is easy and makes them so much nicer to eat without splurting everytime you stick your knife in!  I keep the skins and cook them crisp in the oven for garnish.  They are yummy.

I made a tapenade with the olives but next time I do this dish I will incorporate the pureed olive with a simple olive oil vinegarette to distribute the flavors. The little quails eggs are a bit fiddly but they are so cheap here I can't pass them up.  I cook them from room temp for 1min 30 secs then put them in cold water.  They need to be peeled very very carefully to keep the egg in tact.  The yolks will be perfectly runny when cooked this way.

This salmon was banging fresh so I grilled the skin and left the flesh beautifully pink and rare.  A gorgeous light dish that looked beautiful on the plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment