Wednesday 19 July 2023

My cake recipe

A common sight, eggs on the window sill when we come home

 I think my little Nana would be proud of me for this one.  It's such a super easy recipe and to feed the neighbour giving me his eggs.....  yep, I just know Nana would love this one.

3 eggs and 150gms of sugar.

Whisk until thick and milky in colour. To this, add one 125ml pottle of greek yoghurt then the same amount (pottle) of colza (rapeseed) oil or another plain vegetable oil and whisk. BTW, don't use sunflower oil, it has a strange flavour when baked.   

Separately mix 250 gms of flour, one sachet of backing powder, a tablespoon of citric acid (my fav) and a good teaspoon of salt.  Mix that together, then fold though these dry ingredients into the the wet.

Shove it into a pre lined cake tin and job done.  It works every time.

I pop some cherries on the top sometimes, or I do a chocolate variation (210 gms of flour, 50 gms of cocoa (never EVER forget salt when baking).  

I can literally knock this cake up in 15 minutes.  Including lining the cake tin.  And it is always moist and delicious.  And it's cheap because it uses no butter and no flaffing around with lemon rind, juice etc.....

I think citric acid is a completely underrated and under used ingredient.  I do a very mean lemon curd using just citric acid, no lemons.  And again, super duper simple.  A separate blog.  When I can, I cut corners when cooking.



No comments:

Post a Comment