Tuesday 17 December 2013

Poussin with tarragon butter, fresh tomato chutney, roasted parsnips on Iranian bread


I did the right thing of salting my poussin a couple of days prior to cooking and then left uncovered in the fridge.  This of course draws out the moisture of the skin allowing it to crisp beautifully when cooked.  I admit, I shoved some butter and tarragon under the skin after it had developed it's dryness in the fridge.  I do like a tiny bit of butter and tarragon with chicken is perfection of course.   Goodness the French know this stuff and have been doing it for centuries.

I did a simple spiced fresh tomato chutney, roasted some parsnip till chewy, roasted some green local UAE long beans till chewy (similar to the Asian variety we used to get in Hong Kong). I popped some Iranian bread on the plate, it was the perfect base for the chicken, roasted green beans, tomato chutney, fresh basil leaves and served the buttery chicken tarragon sauce as a help yourself.

DIVINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment