Monday 28 November 2011

Oter Epicure, Madrid, Spain

Otter Epicure restaurant was a few steps from our hotel (Unico) in Madrid and what a delight.  I have been converted to the humble polpo....served here simply (I think boiled first for tenderness) and grilled to charred perfection.  Sweet like lobster only better, richer more dense meat.  I wish I could buy this amazing ingredient here in Dubai.  So I shall have to just enjoy it in Spain and well Spain has become a bit of an addiction for me so I shall be back!  Whew!

The risotto was equally as perfectly executed as were all the other dishes we sampled.  Service good, this place is very busy for both lunch and dinner so reservations are absolutely essential.  The area around the restaurant is gorgeous.  High end shops, gorgeous pavements and boulevards, Madrid at it's best.

Polpo...yum



No comments:

Post a Comment