Tuesday 18 August 2020

Kubaneh

 We have tried it 3 times now.  The only failure was the overnight cooking at 50deg for 10 hours.  It over proved and didn't cook at all.  I know my bread and I realise this traditional cooking technique was not in a 50 deg oven as per the "traditional recipe" as cooking in the leftover coals from the fire would have been higher at first, then they lowered during the night.  So, the first time I cooked it at 200deg for 1 hour.  It was amazing.  The second time I cooked it overnight in a 50 deg oven for 10 hours and I had to tip all our beautiful efforts including the laminated dough and burnt butter in the bin.  It was RAW.  So third time we rolled it out like we do with strudel until it's as fine as silk then shoved all that brown butter on top.  It was good.  ONLY because we are obsessed with this bread we are gonna try again. They are utterly addictive. To heat up these sweet-salty buttery things for brekkie is something else. The only thing I need to do is shove it in the freezer and serve it up each morning because I am so into carbs with burnt salted butter I would scare myself!!   



No comments:

Post a Comment