Friday 14 July 2017

My Goan spiced fish, spiced coconut milk pannacotta and raw lentil and apple salad.

So, yeah.  I’ve cooked this with variations time and time again.  It has become mine and Andy’s favourite Indian dish.  A little complex to make but I always do double and freeze the pannacotta mix and fish marinade so all I have to do is make the lentil salad, put the marinade on the fish and set the pannacotta after it’s thawed. 

This is the Indian dish Joey liked best too and I showed her how to make it.  It’s a classy act.  About 25 – 30 ingredients that come together in the most sublime way.  I’m always a little in awe of the result.


This time I diced some fuji apple and julienned kaffir lime leaf into the lentil salad (along with the usual tempered curry leaf and mustard seed).  Fuji are very crisp with low acidity and sugar.  They present themselves as a texture and were an addition to the raw lentil salad I’ll use again hence me popping this dish once more in my blog, note to self Nat, don’t forget the fuji!  Best version yet for me.  And crispy sea bream is the fish that works so very well with this dish.  Sweet flesh, crispy skin. Can't do better than that in fish to hold up it's own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment