Wednesday 14 September 2016

Filleting fish....this time trout but for me applies to all fish

I cooked trout a few nights ago and really was annoyed I didn't take a photo of the beautiful fish so this time I did.....
I have no idea why but by god I love cutting into things and making lovely neat portions be it fish, chicken, quail, pigeon, rabbit, lamb, duck, you name it I love cutting it up from it's mainly natural (mainly as in gutted) state.  

So on with the trout.  You can see, it's so fresh.  Sparkling lovely flesh, beautiful little eyes and the gills were of course red as anything.  Smelt like nothing.  As fresh fish should.

I like to get myself sorted.  I'm a rather organised individual and as long as everything is in it's place I'm happy.  The same goes with filleting fish.  If I have a lovely clean bench top.  Glad wrap to put on the bench top.  My beautiful filleting knife Andy bought me some years back and my fish tweezers.  Paper towels to make the fish stick while I fillet it and more to wipe the bones when I pin bone with plates on hand to pop my lovely fillets on I'm a happy girl.  I could doddle away with this sort of stuff for hours.  Nuts I know.  

I'm always so happy eating something I've filleted myself.  The guys in the shop do OK on the odd occasion I ask for it to be done for me (maybe once every 2 years) but never as well.  They leave flesh on the bones and just don't do the lovely fish the justice I do.  I have the time to care more.  I don't come home on a Tuesday night having to cook for a family of 5.  Hell no!  Bugger that!  I'm not delusional.  I don't gut and fillet fish all day for my job.  I do it as a pleasure.  It's quick for me now but I'm realistic.  It's not for everyone nor should it be but I do love it.







No comments:

Post a Comment