Saturday 1 August 2015

Hot and Sour Prawn Broth with Salmon Prawns and Chinese Steamed Buns

Hot and sour prawn broth with prawns and salmon, steamed buns

I beautiful broth made with quality (home made) chicken stock, prawn heads, garlic, ginger, chilli, lemon grass, star anise, cinnamon quill, fresh tomatoes and a touch of pastis .  I then passed it with a double layer of kitchen towel to ensure the flavours are immense but the broth is clear. 

I cooked the prawns shell on (devained) along with a beautiful piece of skin on salmon.  Served with a couple of cherry tomatoes for extra acidity and a little salad garnish of fresh julienned ginger, kaffir lime leaf, toasted coconut and julienned mild red chilli.

Sublime.  This is my sort of food (hence I cooked it!).  Would I make it again??  In a heartbeat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment