Wednesday 26 August 2015

Fresh fresh FRESH fish....from the fjords of Alesund

At 3.30pm Andy kicked me off the sofa by the fire.  The weather had been cold and rainy today but suddenly the sun announced itself to the fjords and he decided to take the boat out and catch something for dinner.  I can't say I was particularly keen on the idea.  I was so cosy and warm and enjoying a feeling that is rarely experienced in Dubai, smelling the pine burning in the fire.

Ho hummm, yeap OK, I'll come with you bugger it.   What a bloody brilliant idea as it turned out.  We were back in by 5pm, two beautiful mackerel and one stunning pollock later.  We cooked them on the bone, served with a simple beetroot pickle and yoghurt, fennel, onion sauce plus some of this great Norwegian rye bread and butter that seems to go with everything (sorry thighs!).

Dusted in seasoned flour, in the pan with plenty of that delicious butter, finished with lemon...
Absolute, undeniable heaven.  For us it was our first time eating pollock, given my choice I could eat it every day of my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment