Wednesday 18 May 2022

Nettle

I went out early to pick nettles.  We'd done it the day before for our nutrients for the garden.  But I had read up you can eat them.  So.....I picked some of the leaves only.  Keeping the stalks in tack so they can continue to propagate.  Brought them back to the house and blanched them quickly.  Wearing gloves of course, but once blanched they are no problem.  I made a nettle and pea curry.   They are soooo delicious!  I'd say a mild version of spinach and sweeter.  I also made a nettle pesto with nettle, parsley and chervil for a risotto.  It tastes unreal 

As an aside, we cooked tandoori chicken on top of cabbage leaves.  Served it with the nettle and pea curry, basmati rice, fresh tomato and coriander salad, lettuce, raita and bits and bobs.  Utterly YUM.   



Nettles, blanched.


Nettle, chervil and parsley pesto.  Yum. for another night.



Nettle curry.  With fresh ginger.  


Tandoori chicken, sitting on (yes that gorgeous veg...) cabbage.



 Love cabbage roasted and all caramelised and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment