Friday 30 June 2017

Three variations on pork belly, cured pork loin, reduction sauce, celeriac puree crispy celeriac, peas and broad beans.

The fact is I had 3 different versions of braised, pressed pork belly in the freezer from various meals I had cooked and had set a square aside to make an ensemble dish.  To do this from scratch would simply take hours but as it was I had star anise braised pressed pork belly, smoked cured braised and pressed pork belly, spiced braised and pressed pork belly and cured pork loin.

The sauce was a reduction from the star anise braising liquor.

Braising and pressing pork belly means cooking it slowly until it's meltingly tender, then carefully putting it in a dish, skin side completely flat and weighting it in the fridge at least overnight.  After than point it can be frozen.

Then to serve, cook it skin side down to get a glass crust.  With the gelatinous fat and meltingly tender meat underneith it's my favourite way to eat the belly of pork.

I had pealed the peas!  I KNOW!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment