Thursday 16 March 2017

Sea bream with dhal sauce

Vineet Bhatia is an Indian chef with supreme spice intelligence.  He is a Michelin starred chef, (Michelin is what it is, BUT...) whenever I cook a Bhatia dish from scratch I’m just floored at his ability to create an ensamble. 

Click here as this shows Mr. Bhatia’s ability. 

I have cooked many from his ‘Rasoi, New Indian Kitchen’ cookbook.  My husband and I have enjoyed (ish) his restaurnant here in Dubai on numerous occasions (and have seen the change from high end to a more free style of cooking which he has been embraced in recent years.  When I say "ish" I mean that whilst the food is good it is just not as bright and vibrant as I do at home from his own recipes so we do not go anymore.  I cook chef Bhatia's food in my home and we are happy.  

Fact, Mr. Bhatia taught me how to cook Indian.   In the most sublime forms of this incredible complex of cuisines. 

I loved everything spicey in the south east Asian style in my younger years.  Indian food left my tummy feeling heavy  and a bit sad from my experiences in Auckland. 

Then we came to Dubai.  I realised I was pretty much in India with regards to ability to source ingredients and I just decided that  with my cookbook from my bro and sis "Rasoi, New Indian Kitchen", Vineet was going to teach me how to cook Indian.  And he did.  

We may as well spend 1000dirhams on this food we eat at home.  Every single time I cook it.  It's that good.  Again, thank you Vineet, Tim and Sandra.    

Sea bream,  Vineet Bhatia's red dahl sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment