Thursday 8 August 2024

Pig hearts

 I dunno why but I'd never tried pigs hearts before but I hadn't.  I saw them at the supermarket and read up on them.  So you either cook them long and slow or flash cook them.  I decided to cook them whole, long and slow by braising them, then we finished them off on a smokey bbq with spiced oil.  I injected them with soy sauce after the initial braise which is a great technique.

Yum!  They look like large bullocks but they really are delicious.  Not a hint of offal flavour, just a rich sweet deliciousness.  Sort of a cross between beef and pork I guess.  

And they're so damn cheap!  I'm surprised here actually that they're so cheap because the French love stuff like this.  For example ox tongue is expensive.  I mean really really expensive.

Served with a spiced lentil salad, raita, fresh herb chutney and spiced apricot chutney, lettuce from Dominiques garden and flatbreads.  Scrum.



No comments:

Post a Comment