Saturday 11 April 2020

The Metrics

I went down to a friend’s today to get a face mask she’d hand made. I wanted a face mask because I fear it will become compulsory soon and my buffs don't fit around my face. It’s only a very short (less than 1.5km) drive away but I took my attestation paper and ID card just in case.

She had made this mask for me so carefully.  She’s a real treasure and is quite lonely at the moment.  She lives on her own.  

It’s becoming more and more difficult the longer this goes on with no end in sight.  

We discussed (from the 2 metre distancing) how terrible this is and how pissed off we feel when we read about people flaunting self-distancing because it just sets us all back.  

It’s isolating and bloody depressing.  Emotionally, financially and physically. 

On the bright side, Trump has “the metrics” in his head, (pointing to his sad orange head when he says it).  No need for science, it’s all there.  The world depends on THAT????

We don’t all rely on the U.S. but we do hope some sense will come out of that vast country. 

They’re the ones that phrased the U.S. President is “The Leader of the Free World”(a phrase I’ve always detested).  

But if you, Mr. President are the leader of the so called free world,  please… show us some Leadership because right now the “free world” and the rest of the world is flailing about with no clue.   

All you can do is point to your head and say it’s all in there when you cannot even string a sentence together with coherency.  Hmmmm.  It makes me sick Mr. President.  

No comments:

Post a Comment