Sunday 12 April 2020

Easter Sunday Dinner 2020 Signeville

Easter Sunday 2020.

I had pre-bought myself a wee treat of a big bar of white chocolate with toasted hazelnuts and a big bar of dark chocolate with freeze dried raspberries.  I haven’t tried the dark choc freeze dried raspberry yet, I’ve been rather in love with the white chocolate.  A real treat for me because it’s my absolute ABSOLUTE favourite and with toasted hazelnuts it’s even better.  

It’s a damn odd Easter this year.  We are all in lockdown which usually here means not too much but right now it means a lot. We can’t travel more than 5kms from home in a car, more than 1km walking or running.  

My Joey and dad would be coming here in 3 days time for a trip we’d planned forever.  That’s off.  It’s sad.  Very very sad.  

I worry about the world’s health and mental health in particular.  I worry about our finances as we are not cashed up at all.  We have a bit to come and go on and we are in far better shape than most but it’s stressful and we don’t have government support. 

If anything happened to either of us we’d be on our absolute own.  I worry about that because we are so isolated.

In fact, I worry about the Baggage Retrieval System They Have At Heathrow (although obviously not right now, there’s no baggage going through Heathrow which is even more of a worry).  

It’d be neat to see my mum and dad right now.  

Despite all of this we had a really good Easter Sunday.  It's nice knowing the family in the UK and Downunder are safe and happy.  

We made tortillas, smoked Mexican chicken, guacamole, salad and it was very very scrum.  Our neighbour gave us a bottle of Chinon wine from the Loire Valley for an Easter present.  Very posh is our neighbour, a lovely drop indeed.  









No comments:

Post a Comment