Monday 27 April 2020

Springtime in Signeville

The garden is looking sooooo pretty this spring.  Andy has been in the garden every morning while I go for my run.  

There are flowers everywhere, the clematis is blooming loads of new blooms every day.  The pansies have popped up all over the place as have the forget me nots.

Our tree at the front is full of leaf, our cherry tree is full of blossom.  Even our apple tree is blossoming this year.  We thought it was dead because it didn’t blossom last year and there were no apples.  We thought it had caught the rust disease.  Which it had but this year it seems to have shoved it aside and is in blossom which means we’ll get our fantastic tart little apples in October.  They are perfect for cooking up with pork, turkey, smoked chicken or in cakes and strudels.

It continues to be a very very strange time during this COVID19 experience.  It’s a vulnerable and isolating experience especially not knowing where we are all going with it.  But this morning on my run it was like things were back to normal.  I saw Fanny’s dad drive by going to her house (not technically allowed but …) I saw the couple I see most weekends walking their dog who I haven’t seen for a couple of months.  There were about 5 cars that drove by along with the usual tractors which are unusual during lockdown.  I usually only see farmers cars.  There was even a guy visiting the old lady who lives up the road and is housebound due to ill health.  She lives in a very dark grim-looking little house and the district nurses go to her most days.  

So here, today it almost feels normal.  The weather is beautiful.  The cat is his usual crazy.  Andy is cooking pork vindaloo (which is smelling utterly divine).   






















No comments:

Post a Comment