Friday 12 January 2018

Tandoori chicken.......

Impossible to say why this was so damn good.  I used a recipe.  It wasn't strictly tandoori flavour but it was the best indian chicken we've had.  Ever.  (excluding Sandra's tandoori chicken and I STILL cannot recreate that).  

For my note to self.  I used this recipe.  A very very sound one as it turns out.  But (and as I said, note to self)..... I added 1/2 tsp turmeric not a full tsp, I added Adele's garam masala not the one from Dubai, I added 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika not 1 tbsp and 2 heaped tsps of Kashmiri chilli (instead of 1 tsp cayenne pepper).  

Lemon juice yes, yogurt yeap (full fat) and I skinned the chicken.  It was a glorious chook (cooked the skin separately for another time).  These are notes to myself and so Timmy Joey Wag and Juanitz  if you're reading this and think I've lost the plot I haven't. This is from me to me.  

Served simply with a mint raita and spiced apricot chutney (tamarind would be the best but apricot works very well).  Salad of lettuce and tomato.  Et voila. 




Finishing off to get the juice from the pan






No comments:

Post a Comment