Thursday 21 January 2016




Chicken cooked with sage, cinnamon bark, lemon zest, whole garlic cloves in their paper and  ….. milk.

Yes it sounds rather strange but it works.  Indeed it works.  

The chicken was a sublime concoction of light lemon, rich whole garlic, reduced milk and that cinnamon.  Oh the cinnamon.   Very impressed indeed.  If I were to fully evaluate,  I would say  it can take a little more lemon zest, a hint of heat (I used lots of black pepper, it could also use a touch of cayenne) , some strained local yoghurt.  Andy suggested small currents and pine nuts, sweet and creamy rich.  Yes it would work beautifully.  This can take acid and flavour.  The only reason I comment is for myself and note to self it’s a bloody phenomenal dish that can handle even more.   Yum yum yummity yum. 

Jamie Oliver I do not study you but you have the most incredible ideas and this is the product of one. An Italian symphony.  oh that sounds so naff but it's true!








No comments:

Post a Comment