Monday 6 June 2016

Thai grilled prawns, hot sour prawn stock, sticky rice, mango, lime, coriander, toasted coconut and crispy prawn heads

This was a bit of a pain to prepare and cook.  But we did a lot of it together especially the final stage of getting everything assembled.  Not something I'd rush to do again for the hassle factor but delicious non the less.

I made a hot sour stock with prawn shells and a couple of the heads along with the usual suspects - tamarind, lime zest and juice, kaffir leaf, ginger, garlic, coriander roots, fish sauce etc to have with the dish served separately so we could either sip it or pour it on.  Yum.

I steamed sticky rice (I love Thai sticky rice, the flavour and texture are just divine in my opinion).

I shelled the prawns and kept most of the heads aside for crispy cooking.  Tossing them in flour, drizzling in oil and putting them in a hot oven till they were crunchy.  Yum.

I marinated the actual prawns with a red thai paste and we cooked them last minute.  Yum.

I made a mango, lime zest and juice, coriander and roasted chilli salsa as an accompaniment.  Yum.

I toasted some fresh grated coconut in a pan as another accompaniment.  Yum.

Served with extra lime wedges and coriander along with the aforementioned hot sour prawn broth.  A very decadent Thai dish of flavour and texture.  Yum.






No comments:

Post a Comment