Saturday 26 December 2020

Christmas and Family....

We had the best Christmas.  It might sound weird saying our best Christmas was in lockdown.  OK, so to edit that, it was a seriously good Christmas here in France, during the various COVID restrictions and taking into account the toll it's taken upon us independently, throughout the world.  

 My memories of rustling my pillowcase at the end of my bed are my dreams for a lifetime.  

 

We never believed in Santa Clause/St Nicolas/Father Christmas as kids but we knew our mum and dad were prepping for ages and they stealthily came into our rooms (but I always heard them, I never slept on Christmas eve) to pop our massive pillowcase of pressies right at the end of our toes, just at the point, so if we squeezed just a wee bit more with our legs we could rustle them.  My favourite thing was to rustle my feet at 1,2,3,4,5 am before finally jumping up, exploding with excitement. All 3 of us would jump on mum and saying "is it time? is it time?:

 

Joey and dad worked so hard and went to extreme lengths to make Christmas always an absolute delight for us kids.   


Looking back, I don’t quite know how they pulled everything together.  We had full sit down cooked breakfasts.  Every single day.  


We were supported.  Even when I had to go to the bloody emergency weekend creepy doctor with a big ‘LOVE A NURSE’ pin on his creepy sweaty shirt to get the morning after pill, Joey was there. Without question (but she also of course agreed that doctor was F…ing creepy)  Uhhhgh, he was sooooo fucking gross.  Thank Christ mum was with me that day.  

 

I love you my wee Joey and dad.  Little sis and big bro. 


Thank you for being amazing UNREAL parents and siblings.  Love you guys.  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment