Friday 28 October 2016

Pork fillet with sage, quail reduction sauce, onion puree roasted and fresh apple, braised, pressed and seared pancetta

Not the prettiest of dishes I've done but I'm making a note so that I don't forget this.  It was really rather sensational.  

The onion puree was sweated down onion slightly caramelised and simply pureed with a little whole milk.  The chewy roasted apple with the crisp fresh apple was sublime with the pork as was the gorgeous sticky quail stock reduction.   Quail bones make a beautiful subtle sweet stock that goes well as a sauce base for just about any protein.   The pancetta is my way on a different take on pork belly.  Very very easy as long as you can get a nice big square of dry cured pancetta or bacon (I bring it back from France).  Braised, pressed and cut then seared.  Unctuous and delicious with the back note of smoke/salt from the cure.  





No comments:

Post a Comment